TNG Sample pages:
Put your genealogy online quickly and easily with TNG!
"This program is a winner!" Dick Eastman, Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter. (Read the story here!)
PRICE: $32.99 USD
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding© ("TNG") is a powerful way to manage and display your genealogy data on your own web site, all without generating a single page of static HTML. Instead, your information is stored in MySQL database tables and dynamically displayed in attractive fashion with PHP (a scripting language).
If your web server supports PHP and MySQL, you can set up and run TNG with very little effort. Don't settle for 'ancient' site creation methods that leave you with thousands of dull-looking HTML pages! Need a hosting provider?
- GEDCOM Import/Export: No need to retype everything.
- Search: Easy lookup by name, or advanced search on dates, places and more.
- Dynamic Charts: Pedigree, descendants, relationship, timeline, family group, etc.
- Clean, Easy to Read: One person per page, sensible layout, clear navigation.
- Surname Lists: Quickly display your main lines alphabetically and by popularity.
- Customizeable: Choose from pre-built templates, or create your own.
- Security: Create users with various rights, protect living/private data.
- Media: Upload and link photos, histories, videos, you name it.
- Administration: Manage everything from a central admin menu.
- Backup/Restore: Safeguard your data, recover from disaster.
- Multiple Trees: Host more than one GEDCOM at a time.
- GENDEX: Add your names to millions of others at gendexnetwork.org, where researchers can quickly find them on your site.
- Strong Support: Make use of a forum, a wiki and two mailing lists, or ask the author.
- Much More: Google Maps, LDS data supported, Cemeteries, Dates & Anniversaries, "What's New", etc. etc.! See a more complete feature list here.
New & Improved in TNG 9:
- Look and Feel: Most page elements have been restyled for a more modern appearance.
- Templates: Three new templates have been added, and several of the older ones have been updated.
- Speed: The introduction of "image sprites" and other techniques should allow most pages to load significantly faster.
- Sharing: Social media icons will now allow visitors to your site to more easily "spread the word" (can be deactivated).
- Timeline: Several improvements to this page will make it an interesting destination for each person in your database.
- Google Maps: TNG is now using the latest Google maps engine (API 3). A developer key is no longer required.
- Geocoding: New places are now automatically geocoded with latitude and longitude info, and existing places can be geocoded in large batches.
- Rich Editing: Histories and other elements can now be composed in an inline "WYSIWYG" content editor.
- Media Sorting: New tools make it easier to organize your images and other media.
- Citations: Sources can now be created from the same screen where you cite them, and a "Copy Last" button allows you to easily re-cite the source you used most recently.
- Living & Private: New user rights allow you to distinguish access rights to these two groups of people.
- Mod Manager: Several upgrades make it a more intuitive process to add or remove third-party customizations..
- Plus about 100 other improvements! See a complete list of all changes here. Tested on all major browser platforms.
See a fully functional demonstration right now!
Also works as a Wordpress module!*
Ready to get started? See instructions on how to get your copy of TNG today.
Upgrading from a previous version? See instructions on obtaining version 9.
Need Web Hosting?
Need a low-cost hosting provider who supports PHP/MySQL? I recommend Simply Hosting, for only $4.99/month (or less if you pay annually). They're very friendly to TNG users and will even install TNG for you at no extra charge. Plus, they'll give TNG users the first month of hosting free!
Danish users might want to look at this possibility: FTB-Forum
If none of those options will work for you, try doing a web search for "php mysql web hosting". You can choose any host, so long as they support PHP and MySQL.
"Please add me to your list of happy and very satisfied users. Look at http://www.kloosterman.be and everybody can see for themselves why I am so satisfied with your TNG program. A great genealogy program, very fast, well done, with a lot of possibilities and of course the languages. I'm getting a lot of compliments about my site. I always refer them to you Darrin and tell them that without your excellent program, after sale service, support and your help with the TNG scripts I could not have made such a professional looking website. It is the best program I have seen yet for genealogical websites and the price is a bargain!! You can quote me on that!"
Cees Kloosterman, The Kloosterman Genealogy at http://www.kloosterman.be
See a short writeup on Cees' site and TNG at RandomGenealogy.com!
"I am over the moon with the program — I just love it !!"
Bray & McGilvery Ancestry